|The Capiznon Language|
Capiznon (Spanish: capiceño) is an Austronesian language spoken in Western Visayas in the Philippines. Capiznon is concentrated in the province of Capiz in the northeast of Panay Island.
It is a member of the Visayan language family and the people are part of the wider Visayan ethnolinguistic group, who constitute the largest Filipino ethnolinguistic group.
It is often confused with Ilonggo or Hiligaynon, but it has its own unique vocabulary and accent. The Capiznon vocabulary also includes Akeanon and Waray words.
The Capiznon can also be claimed as the fastest language in the region.
Rural farmers speak a certain variety (characterized by the corruption of "l" sounds) that is now disappearing as the younger Capiznons adopt a more Ilonggo-like language with a slower pace and softer and longer vowels.
- Capiz farmers get P62M aid
- P215-M Agbalo bridge seen to improve Capiz economy
- Capiz’s 17.5% growth on tourist arrivals inspiring!
- Capiz gets P7M for ‘good housekeeping’
- ‘Earth Day’ in Capiz every April 22
- Special Events for 2013
- Capiz gears for Bio-Rcon program
- P2.3-B annual investment program ok’d
- Capiz receives ‘prestigious’ Seal of Good Housekeeping award
- P19-M farm machineries for Capiz farmers
- Sapian is Capiz' 'Pilgrimage Capital'
- Capiz Gov. Victor A. Tanco issues challenge in jest - "Capture an ‘aswang’ on cam and win a prize."
- NEDA bats for dev’ts in WV
Budget & Finances
- Capiz Annual Budget 2013
- Capiz Annual Budget 2012
- Balance Sheet (31-Dec-2012)
- Income & Expenses (31-Dec-2012)
- Income & Expenses (31-Dec-2011)
- Debt Service (2013)
- Debt Service (2012)
- Cash Flow - Q1 2013
- Cash Flow - Q4 2012
- Cash Flow - Q3 2012
- Cash Flow - Q2 2012
- Cash Flow - Q1 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q4 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q3 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q2 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q1 2012
- Receipts & Exp. 2011
- 20% Utilization - Q1 2013
- 20% Utilization - Q4 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q3 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q2 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q1 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q1 2013
- PDAF Utilization - Q4 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q3 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q2 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q1 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q1 2013
- SEF Utilization - Q4 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q3 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q2 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q1 2012
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q1 2013
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q4 2012
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q3 2012
Special Events for 2013
- January 26: Philippine Madrigal Singers Anniversary Concert
- February: Provincial Arts Month Celebration/ Capiz Arts Festival
- March 25-31: Semana Santa Sa Capiz
- April 12-15: CAPIZtahan!
- May: Heritage Month
- May 24-26: Dungog III
- September 16-22: Provincial Tourism Week
- September 18-20: MeTCJAP (City Judges Association of the Philippines Convention)
- October 10-18: Annual Indigenous Peoples Visual Arts Exhibit
- December 20: Liberation of Capiz
Weather in Capiz