Friday 24th of May 2013
|Sapian is Capiz' 'Pilgrimage Capital'|
Our Lady of Lourdes Meditation Hills, Sapian, Capiz
The town of Sapian is now the official "Pilgrimage Capital of Capiz" following a resolution passed by the Sangguniang Panlalawigan last July 18, 2012.
Vice Governor Esteban Evan Contreras formally presented the resolution of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan to the local government of Sapian during its celebration of the 2012 Tilibyugan sa Talahong Festival last July 25.
The Resolution, authored by Board Member Ma. Leobeth Delicana, was unanimously approved last July 18 in response to two Sangguniang Bayan (SB) resolutions seeking such recognition.
Contreras said that Capiz Governor Victor A. Tanco commends the cooperation and hard work of Sapianon for the fast improvement of the town.
More pilgrims flock to Sapian to visit the "Our Lady of Lourdes Meditation Hills" located in Barangay Maninang, especially during its anniversary held every second week of February.
The town also actively facilitated the visit of known religious statues, namely: Our Lady of Antipolo (2011); Black Nazarene of Quiapo (2008 and 2010); Bicol's Our Lady of PeÃ±afrancia (2009) and Pangasinan's Our Lady of Manaoag (2007).* (The News Today)
- Capiz farmers get P62M aid
- P215-M Agbalo bridge seen to improve Capiz economy
- Capizâ€™s 17.5% growth on tourist arrivals inspiring!
- Organizers vow â€˜grander, betterâ€™ 2013 CAPIZtahan
- Capiz gets P7M for â€˜good housekeepingâ€™
- 490 farmers complete School-On-Air program
- â€˜Earth Dayâ€™ in Capiz every April 22
- Special Events for 2013
- Capiz gears for Bio-Rcon program
- P2.3-B annual investment program okâ€™d
- Capiz receives â€˜prestigiousâ€™ Seal of Good Housekeeping award
- P19-M farm machineries for Capiz farmers
- Sapian is Capiz' 'Pilgrimage Capital'
Budget & Finances
- Capiz Annual Budget 2013
- Capiz Annual Budget 2012
- Balance Sheet (31-Dec-2012)
- Income & Expenses (31-Dec-2012)
- Income & Expenses (31-Dec-2011)
- Debt Service (2013)
- Debt Service (2012)
- Cash Flow - Q4 2012
- Cash Flow - Q3 2012
- Cash Flow - Q2 2012
- Cash Flow - Q1 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q4 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q3 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q2 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q1 2012
- Receipts & Exp. 2011
- 20% Utilization - Q4 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q3 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q2 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q1 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q4 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q3 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q2 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q1 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q4 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q3 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q2 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q1 2012
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q4 2012
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q3 2012
Special Events for 2013
- January 26: Philippine Madrigal Singers Anniversary Concert
- February: Provincial Arts Month Celebration/ Capiz Arts Festival
- March 25-31: Semana Santa Sa Capiz
- April 12-15: CAPIZtahan!
- May: Heritage Month
- May 24-26: Dungog III
- September 16-22: Provincial Tourism Week
- September 18-20: MeTCJAP (City Judges Association of the Philippines Convention)
- October 10-18: Annual Indigenous Peoples Visual Arts Exhibit
- December 20: Liberation of Capiz
Weather in Capiz