|RDC okd 2 infra projects for Capiz|
ROXAS CITY â Two major infrastructure projects for the province of Capiz were approved by the Regional Development Council (RDC) in a meeting held at the Social Hall of the Negros Occidental Provincial Capitol, Bacolod City, June 30, 2011.
Capiz Governor Victor A. Tanco, who is also the RDC Chairman, said that the projects which was endorsed and approved were the Roxas City Circumferential Road and the Panay River Basin Flood Control Project.
The P 705 million Roxas City Circumferential Road is 19.86 km long, divided into 2 sections. The first section will stretch from Culasi Port, passing Cadimahan River going to Ivisan - Roxas national road. Section 2 will start at the junction of Ivisan â Roxas national road going northeasterly and will join the national highway of Panay and Pontevedra Towns.
âThe road aims to provide a reliable and easy to access transport system between urban and rural communities. This will increase the economic activity of Capiz,â Gov. Tanco added.
On the other hand, the Panay River Basin Flood Control Project will continue despite the withdrawal of funds from the Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA) due to the calamities that struck Japan recently.
According to Gov. Tanco, âThe Department of Public Works and Highways will look for alternative funding agencies so that the project will push through.â
If realized, the Panay River Basin Flood Control Project will minimize if not end the perennial flooding problem along the sub-basins of Panay River which adversely affects the local economy of the province.
âIt will also reduced the damage done into properties and will ensure the safety of local residents and communites,â Gov. Tanco disclosed. Â (cppb)
- Capiz farmers get P62M aid
- P215-M Agbalo bridge seen to improve Capiz economy
- Capizâs 17.5% growth on tourist arrivals inspiring!
- Organizers vow âgrander, betterâ 2013 CAPIZtahan
- Capiz gets P7M for âgood housekeepingâ
- 490 farmers complete School-On-Air program
- âEarth Dayâ in Capiz every April 22
- Special Events for 2013
- Capiz gears for Bio-Rcon program
- P2.3-B annual investment program okâd
- Capiz receives âprestigiousâ Seal of Good Housekeeping award
- P19-M farm machineries for Capiz farmers
- Sapian is Capiz' 'Pilgrimage Capital'
Budget & Finances
- Capiz Annual Budget 2013
- Capiz Annual Budget 2012
- Balance Sheet (31-Dec-2012)
- Income & Expenses (31-Dec-2012)
- Income & Expenses (31-Dec-2011)
- Debt Service (2013)
- Debt Service (2012)
- Cash Flow - Q4 2012
- Cash Flow - Q3 2012
- Cash Flow - Q2 2012
- Cash Flow - Q1 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q4 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q3 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q2 2012
- Receipts & Exp. - Q1 2012
- Receipts & Exp. 2011
- 20% Utilization - Q4 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q3 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q2 2012
- 20% Utilization - Q1 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q4 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q3 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q2 2012
- PDAF Utilization - Q1 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q4 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q3 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q2 2012
- SEF Utilization - Q1 2012
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q4 2012
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q3 2012
Special Events for 2013
- January 26: Philippine Madrigal Singers Anniversary Concert
- February: Provincial Arts Month Celebration/ Capiz Arts Festival
- March 25-31: Semana Santa Sa Capiz
- April 12-15: CAPIZtahan!
- May: Heritage Month
- May 24-26: Dungog III
- September 16-22: Provincial Tourism Week
- September 18-20: MeTCJAP (City Judges Association of the Philippines Convention)
- October 10-18: Annual Indigenous Peoples Visual Arts Exhibit
- December 20: Liberation of Capiz
Weather in Capiz