|"4P's, new hope for poor CapizeĂ±os"|
ROXAS CITY â A meeting with the Provincial Monitoring and Support Committee together with the Technical Staff of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Field Office 6 regarding the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) conducted last March 22, 2011 at the Hall of Governors, Provincial Capitol here.
The 4Ps is a poverty reduction and social development strategy of the national government that provides conditional cash grants to extremely poor households to improve their health, nutrition and education particularly of children aged 0-14.
Gov. Victor A. Tanco believes that the 4Ps indeed a great help to the indigents of the province. âThis program in line with the development agenda we have for the province, to help and empower the poor so that they will have a better life and a bright future,â he explained.
4Ps provides conditional cash grants to beneficiaries P6, 000 a year or P500 per month per household for health and nutrition expenses; and P3000 for one school year or 10 months or P300 /month per child for educational expenses. A maximum of three children per household is allowed.
A household with three qualified children receives a subsidy of P1, 400/month during the school year or P15, 000 annually as long as they comply with the conditions.
To avail of the cash grants, beneficiaries should comply with the following conditions which includes pre and post natal care for pregnant women and be attended during childbirth by a trained health professional, parents must attend family development sessions, O-5 year old children must receive regular preventive health check-ups and vaccines, 3-5 year old children must attend day care or preschool classes at least 85% of the time, 6-14 year old children must enroll in elementary or high school and must attend at least 85% of the time and lastly 6-14 years old children must receive deworming pills twice a year.
The meeting also discussed some details on Procedure for Inclusion Error Complaints and Grievance Redress System (GRS) delisting criteria of the 4Ps.
During the distribution of cash grants at the municipality of Pres. Roxas and Pilar, last March 15, 2011, Gov. Tanco asked for the recipients of the program to comply with the conditions stated in the program. âThe government is now giving you a chance to uplift your lives, grab this opportunity and be inspired to rise above the ground of poverty,â Gov. Tanco added. (cppb)
- Capiz remembers Pres. Manuel Roxas
- Tearfund presents rehab aid for Capiz
- Tanco: Capiz survives âYolandaâ
- Capiz to celebrate resiliency 100 days after âYolandaâ
- Capiz gets UNFPA ambulance
- Be a âvoluntouristâ in Capiz
- UN head commends Capiz provincial leaders
- PH health officials in Capiz to tackle health care programs
- Capizâs 17.5% growth on tourist arrivals inspiring!
- Capiz gets P7M for âgood housekeepingâ
- âEarth Dayâ in Capiz every April 22
- Special Events for 2013
- Capiz gears for Bio-Rcon program
Budget & Finances
- Capiz Annual Budget 2014
- Capiz Annual Budget 2013
- Statement of Income & Expenses 2013
- Manpower Complement - Q4 2013
- Unliquidated Cash Advances (Dec 2013)
- Debt Service (2014)
- Debt Service (2013)
- Cash Flow - Q4 2013
- Cash Flow - Q3 2013
- Cash Flow - Q2 2013
- Cash Flow - Q1 2013
- Receipts & Exp. - Q4 2013
- Receipts & Exp. - Q3 2013
- Receipts & Exp. - Q2 2013
- Receipts & Exp. - Q1 2013
- 20% Utilization - Q4 2013
- 20% Utilization - Q3 2013
- 20% Utilization - Q2 2013
- 20% Utilization - Q1 2013
- PDAF Utilization - Q4 2013
- PDAF Utilization - Q3 2013
- PDAF Utilization - Q2 2013
- PDAF Utilization - Q1 2013
- SEF Income & Expenses Estimates 2013
- SEF Income & Expenses Estimates 2014
- SEF Utilization - Q4 2013
- SEF Utilization - Q3 2013
- SEF Utilization - Q2 2013
- SEF Utilization - Q1 2013
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q4 2013
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q3 2013
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q2 2013
- LDRRMF Utilization - Q1 2013
Special Events for 2013
- January 26: Philippine Madrigal Singers Anniversary Concert
- February: Provincial Arts Month Celebration/ Capiz Arts Festival
- March 25-31: Semana Santa Sa Capiz
- April 12-15: CAPIZtahan!
- May: Heritage Month
- May 24-26: Dungog III
- September 16-22: Provincial Tourism Week
- September 18-20: MeTCJAP (City Judges Association of the Philippines Convention)
- October 10-18: Annual Indigenous Peoples Visual Arts Exhibit
- December 20: Liberation of Capiz
Weather in Capiz